Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First day was a-ok!

So, radiation was fine this morning! It took about an hour and a half in total by the time I got called in, radiated on, moved around, talked to, etc. should be quicker as we do it daily. The mask was really tight and they had me listening to a little ACDC. I didn't mind that at all. As long as its not silent! Oh yeah, and it smells funny when they radiate. Almost like metal. And a few people have asked, there is no pain during the treatment.

Overall, thumbs up...

Now, I'm off to work. 

To add, the extremely nice technician, Kyle, moved my time to 8am as originally planned. I told him I wanted to hug him I was so happy. He said the water works on Friday really made him feel so bad so he moved the schedule around to get me in at 8! Thank you, Kyle! (He's very cute too for any single ladies out there...)

Medicine starts tonight... Pray for no negative side effects 🙏. Then I know I can take it on the weekends and not have to worry about anything going wrong. I have a wedding to attend this weekend in Syracuse so I'm really hoping it all goes smoothly! I am actually for the first time I think in my entire life going to wear a dress I bought for the night before graduation, again. Wearing a formal dress twice is just not heard of for me. We will see. 💃

Then a few weeks in the red skin, burning, irritated, and hair loss begins.. The joys of radiation therapy combined with chemo. I wish you could choose where the hair loss took place, that would be some business. People would be lined up for radiation. Legs, armpits, bikini line, where my eyebrows grow in too thick, yes please! Sign me up! Can I keep my head hair, brows and eyelashes? Great, thanks. 

Does anyone know of a way that I can post something to look for other grade 3 brain tumor patients in their 20's? You know like post it somewhere to have them reach out to my e-mail or something, which is en11word@gmail.com if anyone is wondering. Lemme know!

Peace and Love.
<3 Erica


10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad to hear it went well Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love you! Your positive energy is infectious.... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep that awesome positive attitude and you will kick this thing's ass in no time!! If you, your mom, or your grandparents need anything, we are right across the street! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, I'm Kathy Kirker Davi's friend. I worked for the National Brain Tumor Society for two full years and met many lifelong friends both survivors and those in the medical/research fields. I think NBTS let's American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) out of Chicago handle the "patient services/support" portion (they're focused on research) and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2) is out of DC (with remote sites). To the point, I can put you in touch with professionals (friends) at both places; and, perhaps, these organizations can put you in touch with "support" groups (aka friends who've been where you are, etc.). Please let me know what I can do for you - be specific - you're already in my thoughts and prayers... In any case, I hope to be a resource and not just lip service - that gets old quickly. email: kalampman@aol.com I'll be happy to give you my cell, too. Keith
    (Keith A. Lampman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love ya girl! I applaud you especially for re-wearing a formal dress! Also, if Kyle doesn't like Laura I'll take him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Keith. I knew I could count on you, always!!

    Erica....Keith Lampman is the bomb!!! He's the kindest, most sincere man on the planet! And he knows what he's talking about. Please reach out to him and you will be happy you did. If nothing more, you will have a friend for life!! Be strong....saying prayers for you.xxoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Love your blog.....great idea! Lots of love and prayers xxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome will be praying for no side effects . You are pretty amazing !!��❤

    ReplyDelete