Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

Today the Temodar class went well! It was with another woman (maybe in her 60s, fully shaved head, just had surgery, it was really sad for me to see her) and her daughter was with her and then me! I was expecting an actual "class" like 20 people learning but really it was just us because we're doing the same treatment plan. She seemed a little disgruntled/upset because she has been just waiting on when to start treatments (I guess that is standard) and I could tell she was just waiting around, made a comment like she didn't know who was going to call who next or what to do. So I tried to make her laugh a little and said, you can just be like me and call every day, literally, multiple times a day. We're the ones that have cancer, not them. And she smiled :-) Then the instructor said "Actually Erica, there is a nurse in the back that wants to see you after this. She said she wants to put a face to the phone calls. She said she feels like you're best friends," and the other patient said, I guess you're not kidding about calling every day. NO I'M NOT!! lol

Here is my light reading for the evening "Introduction to Chemotherapy" - I'll let everyone know when I'm finished so they can borrow it. First to ask, first to receive.



So, tomorrow at 2pm I have my dry-run and starting treatments on Tuesday, September 3rd. The time slot I got was 8am for now. I think that is a perfect time! Then Tuesday night I will start all the medications they gave me. Yippee.. let's cross our fingers for no side effects the WHOLE TIME!

LBDNL (Last But Definitely Not Least), THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR SHOWING ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH AND LOVE EVERYONE (EVEN MORE THAN I ALREADY DID) SO MUCH!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

<3 Erica

1 comment: