Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fundraiser/Life Update!

Good Evening Followers!
 
My gals have come through and set-up this amazing fundraiser at Glennpeter Jewelers on November 8th, 2013 from 5-9pm. See invitation flyer below (props to +Elizabeth Hunter )! Open to all but RSVP is required to Alyssa or Lizzie. Sounds like there will be food, drinks and lots of exciting auction items and other fun things to do. What I am most excited to do is dress up!! They have been working so hard and I REALLY appreciate it so much and love them with all of my heart! My family and I cannot express our thanks enough!! Love you girls and love all the supporters. It has been endless and just great.


+Alyssa Abitabile  set up www.facebook.com/cureforerica
+Megan Kelly  also noted that T-Shirts are still on sale for anyone who is interested at www.booster.com/teamerica
 
I LOVE them!!
 
Ok, I'm done soliciting now! YIKES (I sound like I'm begging huh?- sorry people) I really do love you all. But medically, I have no important updates which is quite frustrating. 
 
I got a phone call on Monday night saying that my Temodar will be delivered by today (which it did) but I don't start it until treatments start and as you all know now, I still don't have a start date! So I guess I will stare at the prescription until then. Also got all my other prescriptions the other day. I think I need to purchase a medicine bag- do they make those?
 
I also got in touch with the office manager at Dr. Chandras who said that she would REALLY like to get me in for my "dry run" on Thursday after my Temodar teaching class (1pm on Thursday) so I don't have to make several trips and then hopefully I will start the actual radiation on Tuesday (closed on Labor day, obvi even doc and nurses have to celebrate working so hard, I guess). With that said, yesterday I was really excited... until today ended and I didn't end up getting that phone call or appointment for Thursday so I am back to where I was on Tuesday, waiting...
 
If anyone is wondering what a dry run is, I go in as if I am starting radiation, put on the radiation mask, do the whole process but without the actual rays (I don't know if that is even what you call them but it sounds right). Then the NEXT treatment is the actual treatement with these so-called rays.
 
So the nurse manager said that the only reason it takes so long is because they need to come up with a "master plan" and it is really important not to rush the plan. I am praying (fingers crossed) that tomorrow I finally find out that I can have my dry run on Friday and then start actual treatments on Tuesday. At the very least, I think I will start at some point next week.
 
Once the plan is set, I pick a time slot from 7:30am to 3pm (Mon - Fri). I called and tried to be a little sneaky to see what spots were potentially open because I would LOVE the 7:30- get it on and over with every day! BUT she said that spot is usually taken and people sign up for it during treatments and will get it the next time it opens. So I will have to start at whatever random (most likely inconvenient but let's face realty, I don't think cancer is meant to be convenient) time, and then I can sign up for a better time and wait until it opens!
 
I think that about sums up my week.
 
OOOHHH WAIT - for everyone asking me about work. I actually went back to work as a regular employee, full-time with the exception of my appointments for now and will be dependent on how I feel in the future (tired, sick, weak, etc.) Just maybe I will end up feeling fine and work harder than some of my co-workers? Just kidding to my co-workers who are reading this! But it has been going really well and it is so NICE to be there. I am super happy.
 
Now I think that really sums up my week. <3 LOVE YOU ALL
 
<3 Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment